Friday, August 29, 2008

Excellent End of Summer Reading!

I just finished reading a wonderful book by Tama J. Kieves, a creative career coach, entitled "This Time I Dance!: Creating the Work You Love. " Ms. Kieves left a lucrative law practice to found Awakening Artistry, a foundation dedicated to linking a global family of visionary, creative, and empowered leaders.

Engaging in work that you love is fundamental to leading a creative, happy life. I took the leap 10 years ago to leave the safety of the academy and become an entrepreneur. Over time, I've fashioned a fulfilling life in which I look forward to going to work rather than dreading Monday mornings. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I earn money by being creative each day. What a gift! It's not a perfect life--who has that?--but on most days it feels nearly perfect.

I wish that for you too.

No comments: