Saturday, September 20, 2008

Get Rid of Poison Ivy--Naturally!

Poison ivy is a real problem at my farm--and it seems to be popping up everywhere--even my driveway this year. In the past, I've sprayed chemicals on it, although I didn't feel comfortable doing that at all!

In searching for recipes for my new natural home cleaning kit, I ran across a natural poison ivy killer--white vinegar!

So, I conducted an experiment and sprayed white vinegar on the leaves of the plant. It worked!

Just wanted to spread the word!

1 comment:

PickyHistorian said...

White vinegar is an amazing substance. My sister, a medical professional, showed me how to clean my counters--spray white vinegar, wipe, spray with hydrogen peroxide, wipe. It's safe, effective, and inexpensive. I now use white vinegar in my wash water instead of dryer sheets in my dryer. It cleans coffeepots, works as a scrub, is a fantastic window cleaner ... what's not to like?